SASD's Drug and Alcohol Task Force
The Drug and Alcohol Task Force is dedicated to:
* Promoting prevention efforts relating to violence, drug and alcohol abuse.
* Promoting intervention procedures related to violence, drug and alcohol abuse.
* Promoting educational programs regarding violence, drug and alcohol prevention.
* Our organization is dedicated to the prevention of drug and alcohol misuse and abuse. It is committed to creating an atmosphere for positive behavioral change within the school.
Safe and Drug Free Resource Links
New Student Welcome Packets
The Drug and Alcohol Task Force would like to welcome all new families to our district, "The Pride of the Pocono's." If you did not receive your welcome packet upon registering your child, please contact your home school for your copy. This packet provides you with useful information on the greater Pocono Area.
An Intervention/Prevention Specialist from Carbon, Monroe, Pike County Drug & Alcohol Commission offers the following programs to our students:
* The BABES Program - offered to second grade students district-wide.
* Middle School/Junior High/Senior High School Programs
1. Anger Management groups
2. Male and Female Groups
3. Loss Groups
4. Groups other than loss or divorce
5. Drug & Alcohol Awareness Groups How can parents get involved?
For additional information, contact:
Lisa Maneval, Task Force Chairperson, Hamilton Elementary at 992-4960
Local Resources Available
|Al-Anon Family Group||570.424.1976|
|Parent to Parent of PA||800.986.4550|
|Parents Anonymous (Parent Support Group)||839.5365|
|Resources for Recovering Families, Inc||839.9153|
|*(after hours) 800.338.6467|
|Carbon, Monroe, Pike Drug and Alcohol Commission||570.421.1960|
|Catholic Social Services||570.476.6460|
|National Clearinghouse for Alcohol & Drug Info.||800.729.6686|
|MHMR (Mental Health-Mental Retardation)||570.421.2901|